The Lebanese syrup is an essential component to almost all Arabic sweets. Atyr is a simple syrup lightly infused with rose and blossom water and used as an ingredient in Arab sweets or on the side of sweets for extra indulgence.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Yield: 2 cups syrup
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 squeeze Lemon
- 1/2 tsp Rose Water
- 1/2 tsp blossom water
- Measure sugar and water into sauce pan
- Allow to come to a boil on high heat, leave on medium heat until all sugar is dissolved (~10 minutes)
Tip: To keep sugar crystals form forming & contaminating syrup, periodically dip a brush in fresh water and run across the edge of pot.
- Add squeeze of lemon half way through
- Before removing from heat add Rose & Blossom water.
- You can store the syrup in a squeeze bottle, at room temperature for months; it has a very long shelf life.