This is the kind of dessert that is perfect to take with you to a friends place. In Lebanese households whenever formal visits are made, the person invited always brings something along – most of the time it is dessert – because nobody can object to dessert.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Size of Pancakes: Diameter of 3 inches (8 cm)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1tbsp sugar
- Crushed Pistachios
- Atyr/Simple Syrup (for drizzling before serving)
1. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Start with the dry ingredients, then add the wet and whisk together.
2. Heat skilled or griddle and pour batter in 20 cm circles and allow to cook until the top bubbles and dries (~2-3 minutes)
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool bubble side up before stacking.
5. Fill Qatayef with Kashta (see our Kashta recipe here!) by scooping a spoonful onto one side and pinching the opposite side shut halfway OR pinch one side of the atayif closed halfway and then fill cavity with ashta.
6. Roll Kashta side into crushed pistachios and arrange onto a plate and serve with atyr/simple syrup
Link of the day:
Like us on Facebook!