This dough recipe is good for any Lebanese appetizer/pies that requires dough. Including but not limited to meat pies, spinach pies, cheese pies, za’atar pies and even pizza!
Basic Dough Recipe
- 4 cups flour (any variation of white/whole wheat flour will do!)
- 2 cups warm water (100F)
- 2 tsp. yeast
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Warm water to 100 F.
- Add flour, salt and sugar to medium size bowl; combine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour
4. Pour the water in the well in the bowl
5. Sprinkle the yeast and sugar over the water surface
6. Add oil to well, let bowl sit for 10 minutes to allow yeast to activate
7. Using a spoon to mix the dry and wet ingredients together, and once incorporated, continue kneading with hands.
8. Turn onto floured surface and continue to knead until smooth and elastic.
9. Rub with some oil and cover and leave to double in size.
10. Voila! Ready to use dough.
Maybe you could make a delicious pizza like the one we made
Can be made using an electric mixer, following the same steps
Bake at 450 F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown
Link of the day: