Fattoush is a fresh healthy salad that’s a staple year round in every Lebanese home. This delicious, refreshing vegetarian salad is made of an assortment of finely chopped vegetables, so that every spoonful is an explosion of flavour in your mouth.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 large salad bowl
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1 medium English cucumber
- 2 green onions
- 3 red radishes
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 3 sprigs fresh mint (can sub with 1 tsp dried mint)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1 Tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Dice the tomatoes and put into bowl, sprinkle with sumac and dried or fresh mint.
2. Chop lettuce and dice remaining vegetables; add to tomatoes.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together lemon, pomegranate molasses, salt and olive oil.
4. Cut up Pita bread and pan fry in vegetable oil until golden brown, set aside.
Tip: for a healthier option, try oven toasting the pita chips instead!
5. Toss salad with vinaigrette and garnish with pita chips when ready to serve!