Want to cook a platter to impress? Working on increasing your fish intake? Want to whip up a quick and healthy family meal in no time? Sayadiye (Rice & Fish platter) is your answer! It has such minimal ingredients, yet turns out a pretty, healthy and delicious dish for the whole family to enjoy – or even guests for a dinner party. As a bonus, it even ahs the added health benefits of turmeric. Couple this dish with Fattoush and your favorite Tahini sauce and we promise you’ll be coming back asking for seconds, and thirds.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
1.5 cup Rice
2 1/4 cup water
3 medium onions
5 Sole Fillets + 3 for top
1.5 tsp salt (salt)
0.5 tsp Turmeric
1. Add chopped onion to heated pot with oil. Sautee on medium until translucent
2. Add defrosted sole fillets to pot, allow to cook and break into smaller parts
3. Next, add just over half the turmeric (reserve some to sprinkle onto the soles we’ve reserved to top rice) and salt.
4. Finally, add rice and water, stir ingredients together. Bring the water to a boil on high heat, reduce to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Cook the reserved sole fillets on medium heat until done (around 2mins on each side), and sprinkle with remaining turmeric and salt to taste
6. Once the rice is complete, scoop onto platter and top with sole fillets!
7. For an added touch, sprinkle some finely chopped parsley and some sauteed nuts (we love pine and almond for this dish!) and serve with a homemade tahini sauce.